Web Standard: Audio files Use MP3
- Audio files play sound. There are no images.
- Max file size limit is 1000MB.
- Audio files are MP3.
- Will need a transcript for the information in the MP3 to meet 508 requirements.
- Audio files should be technology agnostic and played by the browser. This means you should not use proprietary products such as AIFF or WAV.
- You may only use file types for applications which EPA has Terms of Service agreements. Individuals may not accept most standard on-line terms of service agreements. Terms of Service is negotiated at the Agency or federal level.
About this Standard
Original effective date: 04/08/2015
Last approved on: 03/11/2020
Web Council review by: 03/11/2023 (or earlier if deemed necessary by the Web Council)