Web Standard: Basic Information Page
A simple overview of a topic and answers questions like:
- What's the issue?
- Why should people care?
- What is EPA doing about it? (e.g., regulations, partnerships, outreach, enforcement, research, grants)
- What can you (as a person or as an organization) do about it?
- Page Title should be unique but descriptive. For example, Learn About [topic], Basic Information about [Topic], What is [Topic] etc.
- This type of page should be used in each web area, including those that address technical topics.
- Written at a level understandable by an 8th grader
- Linked to from the homepage of the web area
- Linked to in left sidebar on microsites
About this Standard
Original effective date: 03/28/2009
Last approved on: 05/13/2020
Web Council review by: 05/13/2023 (or earlier if deemed necessary by the Web Council)