Web Standard: Contact Us Page
Each web area must include a Contact Us page with contact information specific to that area. When a web area is created in the WebCMS, a Contact Us webpage and accompanying Webform is automatically created.
- The page title should be Contact Us About (Topic name).
- Contact Us pages must have the report a violations badge, link, and text. If you would like an exemption, contact Angela Shogren (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Contact Us pages must include the following ways of contacting the web area's owner:
- mailing address
- online form for sending questions or comments
- Contact information on the Contact Us page may refer to a group or hotline rather than a specific person. However, if email addresses are provided, they must be epa.gov.
- The Webform associated with the Contact Us page must be edited to include an email address which will receive web inquiries.
- Webforms on Contact Us pages must allow for anonymous comments. Do not make the name or email address fields on the form required elements.
- After submitting a form, the user must receive a follow up confirmation page. This “thank you page” is automatically generated by the WebCMS, but you can modify the text.
- Contact information must be validated every 90 days.
About this Standard
Original effective date: 03/22/2002
Last approved on: 11/10/2020
Web Council review by: 11/10/2023 (or earlier if deemed necessary by the Web Council)