Web Standard: New Icon
A "New!" icon is a small text-based “icon” that indicates a piece of content is new. How the new icon appears on EPA.gov.
Using a "New!" icon is optional. If you use one:
- Limit use of "New" icons on a page.
- Do not write text that redundantly suggests newness, e.g., "EPA today initiated ..."
- Your text must be timeless.
- The "New!" “icon” will remain visible for 30 days from the date you used.
- The new icon cannot be used for more than 30 days.
About this Standard
Original effective date: 09/28/2005
Last approved on: 05/13/2020
Web Council review by: 05/13/2023 (or earlier if deemed necessary by the Web Council)