Web Standard: New Icon
A "New!" icon is a small text-based “icon” that indicates a piece of content is new. How the new icon appears on EPA.gov.
Using a "New!" icon is optional. If you use one:
- Limit use of "New" icons on a page.
- Do not write text that redundantly suggests newness, e.g., "EPA today initiated ..."
- Your text must be timeless.
- The "New!" “icon” will remain visible for 30 days from the date you used.
- The new icon cannot be used for more than 30 days.
About this Standard
All EPA public web content must adhere to the EPA Web Standards, the U.S. Web Design System guidelines, and the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act.
Original effective date: 09/28/2005
Last approved on: 05/13/2020
Web Council review by: 05/13/2023 (or earlier if deemed necessary by the Web Council)