Pacific Southwest (EPA Region 9) Monitoring and Assessment Efforts
EPA Region 9 is involved in or supports many wetland and stream monitoring efforts in California. Under the auspices of the California Wetland Monitoring Workgroup, which is under the CA Water Quality Monitoring Council, the Region focused its efforts on developing and implementing the CA Rapid Assessment Method (CRAM) and a wetland and stream database called EcoAtlas. This database provides data in graphic and report formats on the extent and condition of wetlands in CA along with other water quality and habitat data derived from multiple databases that it accesses.
Additionally, the Region coordinates the sampling effort in California, Nevada and Arizona of sites selected as part of the National Wetland Condition Assessment. Many of the efforts listed below are supported through Wetland Program Development Grants, which are now available through open competition every two years.
The following links exit the site Exit
- California Wetlands Monitoring Council
- Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program (SWAMP)
- California Rapid Assessment Methodology
- San Francisco Bay Area Wetlands Regional Monitoring Program
- The San Francisco Estuary Institute
- The Central Coast Wetlands Group
- The Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project
- The Southern California Coastal Water Research Project