The City of Oceanside’s Pure Water Oceanside Project will purify recycled water to create a new, local source of high-quality treated water that is clean, safe, drought-proof and environmentally sound. This water reuse project includes constructing a new Advanced Water Purification Facility and expanding the existing recycled water distribution system. The project will recharge the Mission Basin with highly purified recycled water to improve overall water quality in the aquifer, relieve over-pumping conditions, and reduce discharges to the Pacific Ocean. The project will also reduce the demand for imported water by providing a local, drought-proof water supply that can be distributed for residential, agriculture, and commercial purposes.
- Produces 4.5 MGD of high-quality recycled water.
- Recharges the city’s groundwater, reducing saltwater intrusion.
- Reduces the city’s dependence on imported water by improving its recycled water distribution network, allowing it to supply safe and reliable recycled water to residential, commercial, and agricultural users.
- Saves City of Oceanside an estimated $24 million from financing with a WIFIA loan compared to typical market financing.
- City of Oceanside - Pure Water (PDF)(1 pg, 249 K)