The Sunnyvale Cleanwater Program Phase 2 project will include rehabilitation of existing facilities and construction of new facilities throughout the city’s existing wastewater treatment plant. Phase 2 includes rehabilitating the existing secondary and tertiary treatment facilities, constructing new secondary and biosolids handling facilities, and reconstructing the support facilities necessary to operate the plant. These upgrades are needed to extend the operating life of existing facilities and continue to reliably meet environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Helps the city meet current and anticipated regulatory standards for water and air
- Protects the environment by improving the quality of the water discharged into the San Francisco Bay and increasing the use of renewable energy to power the plant.
- Improves the operational reliability and efficiency of the plant.
- Saves the city of Sunnyvale an estimated $160 million from financing with a WIFIA loan compared to typical market financing.
- Sunnyvale Cleanwater Program Phase 2 (PDF)(1 pg, 365 K)