Integrated Planning Model (IPM) Base Case v.4.10
September 1, 2010 - EPA announced a Federal Register Notice of Data Availability (NODA) supporting the Proposed Transport Rule.
- NODA (PDF) (3 pp, 153 K, About PDF)
- Proposed Transport Rule results using EPA's IPM Base Case v.4.10
- Documentation for EPA's IPM Base Case v.4.10
- National Electric Energy Data System (NEEDS) v.4.10
- Related Items
- Documentation and run results from previous Base Case
Proposed Transport Rule Results Using EPA's Base Case v.4.10
Click on the run identification number in the second column of the following table to download a zipped archive file containing:
- Detailed IPM input and output files (i.e., .DAT, System Summary Report, .RPE, .CAR, and TAC files) for the listed runs. Guide to the content of the IPM input and output files.
- Parsed files for the listed run and year. Whereas IPM output files report aggregated results for "model" plants (i.e., aggregates of generating units with similar operating characteristics), parsed files show IPM results at the generating unit level. Guide to the content of the parsed files.
|IPM Run Name||IPM Run Description|
|TR Base Case v.4.10 (ZIP)(7 MB)||Base case model run, which includes the national Title IV SO2 cap-and-trade program; NOX SIP Call regional ozone season cap-and-trade program; and all current settlements and state rules. This run represents conditions without the proposed Transport Rule and without the rule it replaces (CAIR).|
|TR SB Limited Trading v.4.10 (ZIP)(7 MB)||This run models the State Budgets/Limited Trading proposed remedy described in the Transport Rule preamble.|
|TR Base Case AEO Gas v.4.10 (ZIP)(7 MB)||TR Base Case as described above, except with gas resource assumptions similar to the Energy Information Administration's Annual Energy Outlook (AEO) 2010 gas resource assumptions.|
|TR SB Limited Trading AEO Gas v.4.10 (ZIP)(7 MB)||TR SB Limited Trading described above, except with gas resource assumptions similar to the Energy Information Administration's Annual Energy Outlook (AEO) 2010 gas resource assumptions.|
Documentation for EPA Base Case v.4.10
To learn more about EPA Base Case v.4.10 assumptions, updates, changes, and enhancements, see the documentation files by clicking the link below.
National Electric Energy Data System (NEEDS) v.4.10
The National Electric Energy Data System or “NEEDS” database contains the generation unit records used to construct the "model" plants that represent existing and planned/committed units in EPA modeling applications of IPM. NEEDS includes basic geographic, operating, air emissions, and other data on these generating units. NEEDS was completely updated for Base Case v.4.10. For a description of the sources used in preparing NEEDS v.4.10, see Base Case v.4.10 Documentation, Chapter 4: Generating Resources.
Documentation and Run Results Using Previous Base Cases
- Integrated Planning Model (IPM)
- IPM Analysis of the Proposed Transport Rule
- Update to EPA Base Case v.3.02 EISA
- Other Past EPA Modeling Applications