Power Sector Modeling Platform v.5.14
March 25, 2015 — EPA is making available the latest power sector modeling platform, associated data assumptions, and file documentation.
- Online form - Contact us with questions, comments and feedback regarding v.5.14.
Incremental Documentation for v.5.14
To learn more about v.5.14 assumptions, updates and enhancements, see the links below.
National Electric Energy Data System (NEEDS) v.5.14
The National Electric Energy Data System or “NEEDS” database contains the generation unit records used to construct the "model" plants that represent existing and planned/committed units in EPA modeling applications of IPM. NEEDS includes basic geographic, operating, air emissions, and other data on these generating units. NEEDS was completely updated for EPA’s new power sector modeling platform v.5.14. For a description of the sources used in preparing NEEDS v.5.14, see Incremental Documentation for v.5.14.
Results Using EPA’s Base Case v.5.15
- Detailed IPM Output Files (ZIP)(7 pp, 102 MB) (i.e., Overview, System Summary Report, .DAT, .RPE, .RPT files, Gas Report, State Level Emissions Summary)
- Guide to the content of the IPM input and output files
- Guide to the content of the parsed files
- Air Quality Modeling Flat File Documentation
- Flat File Inputs (XLS)(5 pp, 4 MB)