The 2002 National Research Council Report on Biosolids and EPA's Response
2002 National Research Council Review
In 2002, the National Research Council (NRC) reviewed the technical methods and approaches used by EPA to establish the human-health-based Part 503 rule.
- Read the NRC's 2002 report, Biosolids Applied to Land, Advancing Standards and Practices EXIT
EPA's Response to National Research Council's 2002 Review
In response to the 2002 NRC review, EPA released a 14-Point Action Plan and the results of the Agency’s review of existing sewage sludge regulations.
- Biosolids Update 14 Action Plan Projects
- Final Agency Response to the National Research Council Report on Biosolids Applied to Land, Advancing Standards and Practices and the Results of EPA's Review of Existing Sewage Sludge Regulations (December 31, 2003)
- Fact Sheet: Final Agency Response to the 2002 NRC Report (December 2003)
- Technical Background Document for the Sewage Sludge Exposure and Hazard Screening Assessment