Land application involves the spreading of biosolids on the soil surface or incorporating or injecting biosolids into the soil. Biosolids land application occurs at various sites including agricultural lands, forests, mine reclamation sites, and other drastically disturbed lands, parks, and golf courses.
The biosolids technology fact sheet for land application of biosolids provides:
- A background and description of land application of biosolids
- Applicability to wastewater treatment plants
- Advantages and disadvantages of land application
- Design criteria
- Operation and maintenance information
- Fact Sheet: Land Application of Biosolids (PDF)(9 pp, 548 K, September 2000, EPA 832-F-00-064)