Brownfields and Land Revitalization in Region 7
Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and Nine Tribal Nations
- EPA Region 7 manages Brownfields and Land Revitalization Programs in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri. On this page you will find information specific to Region 7's Brownfields and Land Revitalization activities. Visit the national Brownfields Program and Land Revitalization Program websites for more information about these programs competitive grants.
On this page:
- Brownfields Technical Assistance
- Materials for Brownfields Grants
- Stories from Around the Region
- Highlights from Region 7
- State Cleanup Programs Within Region 7
- State & Tribal Response Programs Agreements
- Federally Recognized Tribes with 128(a) Brownfields Agreements
Targeted Brownfields Assessments (TBAs)
EPA provides environmental assessment services free of charge to communities through the Targeted Brownfields Assessment (TBA) program. Services typically include Phase I and II assessments and cleanup planning. TBA applications can be sumbitted anytime throughout the year. Get started with a TBA.
Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB)
EPA's Technical Assistance to Brownfields Communities (TAB) program provides free technical assistance to communities to increase their understanding and involvement in brownfields cleanup, revitalization and reuse. The TAB program is funded by EPA and available to all stakeholders. The Kansas State University (KSU) offers free technical assistance for region 7 and training program services to EPA Brownfields grantees and to those seeking brownfield grants in Region 7.
Solicitations and the required application forms can be found at Grant Application Resources.
Grant Recipient Materials
After the application package has been reviewed and found eligible, reporting requirements must be adhered to through the life of the grant. Please see Grantee Reporting Requirements: Forms and Templates.
Workplan Templates (MS Word Documents)
- Workplan for Brownfields Assessment Grants(6 pp, 92 K)
- Workplan for Brownfields Cleanup Grants (6 pp, 92 K)
- Workplan for Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grants (5 pp, 63 K)
The following links exit the site EXIT
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources: Iowa Land Recycling Program
- Iowa Department of Natural Resources: Iowa Brownfields Program
- Kansas Department of Environmental Quality: Kansas Voluntary Cleanup Unit
- Kansas Department of Environmental Quality: Kansas Brownfields Program
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources: Brownfields/Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality: Nebraska Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality: Nebraska Brownfields Assessments and Cleanup