Air Permitting Delegations and Program Approvals in Region 10
EPA has approved the following jurisdictions to issue Clean Air Act permits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
Title V Operating Permit Part 70 Program Approvals
- Approval of Operating Permits Program in Alaska (66 FR 63184) (PDF)(5 pp, 178 K, About PDF); Effective 11-30-2001
- Approval of Operating Permits Program in Idaho (66 FR 50574) (PDF)(3 pp, 168 K); Effective 11-5-2001.
- Approval of Revisions to Operating Permits Program in Oregon (67 FR 39630) (PDF)(3 pp, 170 K); Effective 8-9-2002
- Approval of Operating Permits Programs in Oregon (60 FR 50105) (PDF)(4 pp, 158 K); Effective 11-27-1995
- Approval of Revision to Operating Permit Program in Washington (67 FR 71479) (PDF)(4 pp, 172 K); Effective 1-2-2003
- Approval of Operating Permit Program in Washington (66 FR 42439) (PDF)(3 pp, 168 K); Effective 9-12-2001
Construction Permit Program Approvals
All state and local construction permit programs (with one limited exception in the state of Washington) have been approved through the State Implementation Plan (SIP) approval process.
In Washington, EPA retains a limited Federal Implementation Plan (FIP) under 40 CFR 52.21 and issues partial PSD permits to ensure that major sources have a means to satisfy the Clean Air Act construction permit requirements for greenhouse gases when CO2 emissions from the industrial combustion of biomass cannot be considered or regulated by either the Washington Department of Ecology (Ecology) or the Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council (EFSEC) under their PSD rules.
See 80 FR 23721 (PDF)(10 pp, 285 K) and 82 FR 24531 (PDF)(7 pp, 271 K) for further explanation of the PSD FIP in Washington as it relates to those facilities, emission sources, geographic areas, and permits under the otherwise full jurisdiction and authority of Ecology and EFSEC, respectively.
For more information, visit approved air quality implementation plans (SIPs/FIPs) in Region 10.