Ports Primer: 7.0 Environmental Impacts
7.1 Environmental Impacts
The Environmental Impacts section includes the following topics.
7.2 Air Emissions
The Air Emissions section includes the following topics.
- Pollutants from Diesel Engines
- Emission Inventories
- Emission Reduction Approaches
- Clean Air Programs at Ports
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations and Regional Air Quality
- EPA SmartWay Program
- North American Emission Control Area
7.3 Federal Environmental Regulations and Programs
The Federal Environmental Regulations and Programs section includes the following topics.
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA) and the Waters of the United States
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- EPA Ports Initiative
- Cleaner Fuel and Cleaner Equipment Available
- Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA)
- Additional Information
7.4 Agency Responsibilities
The Agency Responsibilities section includes the following topics.
7.5 Potential Community Interests
The Potential Community Interests section includes the following topics.
- Environmental Justice
- Air Quality & Health
- Noise & Light Impacts
- Public Health Effects
- Ecological Impacts
- Access to Natural Areas & Open Space
- Climate Adaptation/Resilience
7.6 Case Studies: Environment
The Case Studies: Environment section includes the following topics.
- Port of Los Angeles: Shore Power
- Port of Bellingham: Bellingham Bay Demonstration Project
- Port of Portland: Swan Island Air Quality Project