This document is intended to establish a uniform method for submitting geospatial data and related products to the US EPA. It provides guidance for contracts, grantees, potentially responsible parties, Agency staff, and any others who provide geospatial data and products to US EPA programs, projects, or staff. The Geospatial Data Act of 2018 requires agencies to collect, maintain, disseminate, and preserve geospatial data such that resulting data, information, or products can be shared.
This document specifies geospatial file delivery formats for all geospatial materials developed in support of geospatial-related work for and within US EPA to ensure locational data consistency and integrity. It is the intent of US EPA to acquire, catalog and manage all geospatial files comprehensively across all projects to:
- ensure future use and access by EPA;
- provide an archive of work accomplished;
- apply appropriate data standards and formats;
- maintain and serve data that spatially represent features pertinent to on-going EPA efforts;
- provide a geospatially consistent basis for future activities;
- facilitate free and open access for the public to geospatial data
National Geospatial Deliverable Standard (PDF)(9 pp, 176 K,
This document establishes a uniform method for submitting geospatial data and related products to the US EPA.