On November 7, 2019, EPA held a stakeholder workshop on EPA’s GHG data for natural gas and petroleum systems from the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP) and GHG Inventory. The workshop took place in Pittsburgh, PA.
At the workshop, EPA presented on GHGRP data, and on existing GHG Inventory methods and updates under consideration based on previous stakeholder comments and data from the GHGRP and external studies.
Stakeholders also presented new data and information relevant to estimating GHG emissions from natural gas systems and petroleum systems.
The stakeholder workshop agenda, presentation slides, and memo are available here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Stakeholder Workshop Agenda (PDF)(1 pg, 125 K)
- Overview of GHGI – Melissa Weitz, EPA (PDF)(10 pp, 327 K)
- Update on GHGRP and RY2018 Data – Adam Eisele, EPA (PDF)(25 pp, 1 MB)
- API Field Measurement Study: Equipment Leak Detection and Quantification – Paul Tupper, Shell (PDF)(10 pp, 313 K)
- Atmospheric Constrains on Methane Inventories: How Much Do We Know and How Do We Know It? – Ken Davis, Penn State University (PDF)(98 pp, 10 MB)
- Updates Under Consideration for Offshore Production Emissions in 2020 GHGI – Brandon Long, ERG (PDF)(34 pp, 1 MB)
- API Field Measurement Study: Pneumatic Controllers – Paul Tupper, Shell (PDF)(11 pp, 620 K)
- Overview of Recent Compressor Station Measurements and High Flow Testing – Daniel Zimmerle, Colorado State University (PDF)(45 pp, 10 MB)
- Updates Under Consideration for Gathering and Boosting Station Emissions in 2020 GHGI – Brandon Long, ERG (PDF)(21 pp, 266 K)
- Memo - Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks 1990-2018: Updates Under Consideration for Natural Gas Gathering & Boosting Station Emissions (PDF)(18 pp, 577 K)