Wednesday, January 18, 2012
1:00-2:15 p.m. (EST)
EPA's Green Power Partnership (GPP)
EPA's State and Local Climate and Energy Program
On Wednesday, January 18, 2012, from 1:00 to 2:15 p.m. (EST), EPA's GPP hosted a webinar that focused on green power use in communities.
The GPP co-hosted the webinar with EPA's State and Local Climate and Energy Program to highlight how municipalities from around the country are leveraging EPA programs to reduce the impacts of their communities' energy use. EPA program managers discussed the Green Power Community and Climate Showcase Communities programs, as well as the tools and resources these programs offer participating communities. Representatives from two EPA Green Power Communities—Washington, D.C., and Corvallis, Oregon—presented information on their Green Power Community experience; Corvallis also discussed its Climate Showcase activities.
Speakers and Presentations
- Emil King, Policy Analyst, District Department of the Environment
- Mollie Lemon, Communications Director, U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership (PDF)(21 pp, 2 MB)
- Emma Zinsmeister, Lead Local Climate-Strategy Analyst, EPA's State and Local Climate Energy Program (PDF)(12 pp, 1 MB)
- Michael Yambrach, Energy Manager, District Department of General Services (PDF)(17 pp, 2 MB)
- Linda Lovett, Sustainability Supervisor, Corvallis, Oregon (PDF)(12 pp, 733 K)