Timeline for Grenada Manufacturing Cleanup in Eastern Heights Neighborhood, Grenada, MS
- January 5, 2017 - EPA directs Ice Industries to implement immediate actions at the Facility to reduce worker exposure.
- January 3, 2017 - EPA receives validated results from the October 2016 indoor and outdoor air sampling conducted at the Facility.
- November/December 2016 – EPA conducts a second round of sampling inside the 17 homes that were tested in May 2016 to confirm the results.
- October 2016 - EPA oversees the Facility’s environmental sampling of indoor and outdoor air at the Facility.
- September 2016 - EPA conducts outdoor air sampling in Eastern Heights, along with indoor sampling of one home in the neighborhood.
- May 2016 - EPA receives requested treatment alternatives from the Facility to reduce the TCE in a spill area at the Facility.
- May 2016 - EPA conducts indoor air sampling of 17 new homes in the south and southeast of portion of the neighborhood nearest the area where groundwater contamination has been identified. EPA also tests soil, sediment and groundwater in the neighborhood. Outside the neighborhood, EPA also conducts outdoor air sampling to determine whether any ambient sources of TCE exist.
- April 2016 - EPA requests that the Facility conduct additional groundwater sampling on-site in order to support future cleanup decisions.
- April 2016 - EPA conducts sampling at and surrounding the Facility, including soil, sediment, surface water and groundwater.
- April 2016 - EPA approves the Facility’s Permeable Reactive Barrier (PRB) Pilot Study Work Plan.
- March 2016 - EPA receives the Facility’s PRB Pilot Study Work Plan.
- March 2016 - EPA oversees a second round of indoor air (six homes on the southern edge of the neighborhood) and outdoor air sampling in Eastern Heights.
- January 2016 - EPA conducts outdoor air sampling in Eastern Heights and surface water sampling in Riverdale Creek.
- Fall 2015 - EPA oversees sampling performed by the Facility’s contractor of indoor air in six homes on the southern edge of the neighborhood, outdoor air and groundwater in Eastern Heights.
- August 2015 - EPA approves the Facility’s final work plan for a vapor intrusion study in six homes on the southern edge of the neighborhood.
- June 2015 - EPA directs the Facility to conduct a vapor intrusion study in the Eastern Heights neighborhood.