This training module:
- Cites the statutory and regulatory minimum technological requirements for land disposal units
- Summarizes the differences between interim status (part 265) and permitted (part 264) standards for land disposal units
- Defines "surface impoundment" and distinguishes surface impoundments from tanks
- Describes surface impoundment retrofitting and retrofitting variance procedures
- Explains the connection between land disposal unit standards, post-closure, and groundwater monitoring requirements
Access other training modules that provide overviews of other specific RCRA regulatory topics here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- RCRA Training Module: Introduction to Land Disposal Units (40 CFR Parts 264/265, Subparts K,L,M,N) (PDF)(16 pp, 179 K, September 2005, EPA 530-K-04-014)