Search Frequent Questions for immediate answers to the most common questions or send a question to our customer care team.
- What is a HEPA filter?
- What is a MERV rating?
- What guidelines are available to compare air cleaners?
- Will air cleaners reduce health risks?
- What are ionizers and other ozone generating air cleaners?
- Should you use an air cleaner?
- Does EPA certify/register or provide lists of acceptable air cleaners or manufacturers/sellers?
Air Duct Cleaning
- What is the Building Assessment Survey and Evaluation Study (BASE)?
- Who might use the data and findings from the BASE study?
- What will the BASE data tell me about my particular building?
- How has the BASE study data been used?
- How can I get the BASE data?
Indoor Air Pollutants
- What is carbon monoxide?
- Where should I place a carbon monoxide detector?
- What about carbon monoxide detectors?
- What is the average level of carbon monoxide in homes?
- What do I do if I suspect that combustion appliances are affecting my health?
- What are combustion products?
Secondhand Tobacco Smoke
- Should smoking be allowed in schools?
- Must smoking be prohibited if the facility is being used for a community or privately sponsored event, such as Bingo?
- Who has the authority to ban or limit exposure to environmental tobacco smoke?
- What is EPA's position on children's exposure to environmental tobacco smoke?
- Is outdoor exposure to secondhand smoke comparable to indoors?
- How long do the harmful elements of secondhand smoke linger?
- Can I smoke outside on the school grounds?
- What's the difference between environmental tobacco smoke and secondhand smoke?
- Can EPA ban smoking or otherwise limit exposure to secondhand smoke?
- What can I do about secondhand smoke coming from my neighbor's apartment?
- What are volatile organic compounds (VOCs)?
- Does EPA regulate volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in household products?
Indoor Air Quality
- Who can I contact to have the indoor air quality tested at my place of employment?
- How much ventilation do I need in my home to improve indoor air quality?
- How does outdoor air enter a building?
- Has EPA issued specific recommendations on how frequently carpet should be cleaned?
- What can I do to improve indoor air quality in my home?
- How can I protect indoor air quality if I live in an apartment?
- How can I protect indoor air quality if I am remodeling my home?