New Source Review (NSR) Permitting
EPA's New Source Review (NSR) permitting program protects air quality when factories, industrial boilers and power plants are newly built or modified. NSR permitting also assures that:
- new or modified industries are as clean as possible, and
- advances in pollution control occur concurrently with industrial expansion.
- Learn about New Source Review:
- NSR basics
- What are permits?
- Who issues permits?
Clean Air Act Permitting includes:
- Outer Continental Shelf and Deepwater Permits
- NSR Permitting (this website)
- Title V Operating Permits
- Tribal Permits