EPA Region 4 Data Validation Standard Operating Procedures for Contract Laboratory Program Routine Analytical Services
US-EPA, Region 4, LSASD, Athens, Georgia
The National Contract Laboratory Program (CLP) supports a major portion of the sample analysis needs of the EPA Superfund Program.
Samples are collected by both EPA and contractor personnel and are submitted to an assigned contract laboratory for
- Routine Analytical Services (RAS) for organic and inorganic parameters and
- Non-Routine Analytical Services (NRAS) for dioxin/furan and PCB analysis.
- analyzes the samples according to specified analytical protocols,
- assembles a data package (deliverables are specified by contract) and electronic deliverables,
- and submits this information to the Laboratory Services and Applied Science Division, Athens, Georgia.
The data packages undergo a technical quality assurance review (validation) and a report of this review is prepared. The validated data are entered into the Region 4 Laboratory Information Management System (R4LIMS) with final data reports being generated by this system.
The purpose of these documents is to
- promote uniformity of data review,
- help clarify and augment the review guidance of the National Functional Validation Guidelines,
- give guidance for areas of data review that require considerable professional judgment,
- and specify procedures that are unique for meeting the needs of Region 4.
Periodically, in accordance with Region 4's quality management plan, and as new contracts are developed and awarded, the data review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are updated to reflect any changes to these documents.
The current CLP Organic Statement of Work is SOM01.2 and the current CLP Inorganic Statement of Work is ISM01.3. The "Organic SOP Download" link will direct you to the new organic review SOP. The "Inorganic SOP Download" link will direct you to the new inorganic review SOP.
- Data Validation SOP for CLP Routine Analytical Services Organic Analysis
For additional information about Organic data review contact Nancy Seabolt via email or by phone at (706) 355-8687.
- Data Validation SOP for CLP Routine Analytical Services Inorganic Analysis
For additional information about Inorganic data review, contact Denise Goddard via email or by phone at (706) 355-8568.