Construction Sector (NAICS 23)
The construction sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in the construction of buildings or engineering projects (e.g., highways and utility systems). Establishments primarily engaged in the preparation of sites for new construction and establishments primarily engaged in subdividing land for sale as building sites also are included in this sector.
Laws and Regulations
- Asbestos Laws and Regulations
- Asbestos for Building Owners and Managers and for School Buildings
- Ozone Layer Protection - Regulatory Programs: including information about stationary and motor vehicle air-conditioning and refrigeration regulations (HVAC and MVAC).
- Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities
- Effluent Limitation Guidelines: Construction and Development
- Compliance Assistance Tools for Demolition
- Managing Your Environmental Responsibilities: A Planning Guide for Construction and Development (MYER) (PDF) (225 pp, 2386 K)
- Industrial Materials Recycling: Construction and Demolitions Materials: reducing and recycling C&D materials.
- RCRA in Focus: Construction, Demolition, and Renovation: guide for small business, includes a hazardous waste table of RCRA requirements and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Construction and Demolition: How to Properly Dispose of Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Equipment