Nonmetallic Mineral Processing Sector (NAICS 327)
Mineral processing is also known as nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327). It includes the stone, clay, glass, and concrete products sectors. The sector includes establishments engaged in the manufacturing of flat glass and other glass products, cement, structural clay products, pottery, concrete and gypsum products, cut stone, abrasive and asbestos products, and other products.
Laws and Regulations
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): air toxics regulations:
- Friction Products Manufacturing
- Hazardous Waste Combustion
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters:
- Industrial Cooling Towers
- Lime Manufacturing
- Mineral Wool Production
- Paper and Other Web (surface coating)
- Portland Cement Manufacturing
- Refractory Products Manufacturing
- Reinforced Plastic Composites Production
- Wet Formed Fiberglass Mat Production
- Wool Fiberglass Manufacturing Major Sources & Area Sources
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES): wastewater permit information.
- Reducing Pollution from Mineral Processing Operations: National enforcement initiatives
Related Technical Information
- AP 42 - Chapter 11: Mineral Products Industry: emission factors and process information for air pollution source categories.