EPA Smart Growth Grants and Other Funding
We occasionally offer grants to support activities that improve the quality of development and protect human health and the environment. If you see a grant for which you wish to apply:
- Read the Request for Proposals (RFP) carefully to determine what activities or projects are eligible.
- If you are not familiar with EPA's community revitalization and smart growth-related work, review our webpages to learn about what we do.
- Submit your proposal according to the instructions in the RFP.
- You can set up an email alert on Grants.gov to be notified automatically when a grant featuring a search term, such as "community revitalization" or "smart growth," is posted.
- See EPA's webpage on Understanding, Managing, and Applying for EPA Grants for helpful tips on writing a grant proposal and policies and regulations covering grants.
- We accept grant proposals only for open solicitations.
Requests for Grant Proposals
There are no requests for proposals at this time.
Other Funding Resources
We have compiled lists of other funding resources for tribal, state, and local governments; communities; and non-governmental organizations that are seeking funding to address various aspects of community revitalization and smart growth.
- Other smart growth national funding opportunities
- Regional, state, and local opportunities for funding smart growth projects