Cement Sector Information
EPA is the main agency that regulates the cement sector. The following links are intended to help Smart Sectors partners and the public learn more about how EPA works with the cement sector.
Basic EPA regulatory information
- Federal Regulation Finder
- Regulatory actions for the cement sector
- National emission standards for the cement manufacturing industry
- Procurement guidelines for sustainable materials management
- ENERGY STAR resources — ENERGY STAR is an EPA voluntary program that helps businesses and consumers save energy and money.
- SmartWay Transport — EPA’s SmartWay Transport program helps companies advance supply chain sustainability by measuring, benchmarking and improving freight transportation efficiency. Any company or organization that ships, manages or hauls freight in its operations can become an EPA SmartWay Partner.
- Sustainable Materials Management Prioritization Tools — Free, life cycle-based tools that offer a starting place to establish priorities for environmental improvement, focus limited financial and human resources where action could offer greater holistic benefit, and consider key industries for collaboration.