Become a SmartWay Affiliate
What is a SmartWay Affiliate?
While organizations that ship, carry or manage freight can become SmartWay Partners, organizations that do not control freight can still participate in SmartWay as SmartWay Affiliates.
SmartWay Affiliates are organizations that agree to educate and support their members' efforts to improve freight sustainability.
Here are some of the ways that SmartWay Affiliates help advance sustainability within the freight sector:
- Industry Associations and environmental organizations educate members about the SmartWay program and supply chain sustainability.
- Truck and trailer leasing companies and dealers promote and lease/sell EPA-designated SmartWay Tractors or Trailers and SmartWay-verified technologies.
- Academic institutions promote freight efficiency as part of their campus environmental initiatives.
- Municipal and other government agencies educate new and existing businesses about the importance of fuel efficiency in their communities.
Benefits of Becoming a SmartWay Affiliate
SmartWay Affiliates help members, customers, and stakeholders learn about sustainable goods movement and improve their performance by joining SmartWay.
- Bring value to your stakeholders via education, webinars, best practices, and technical support.
- Help members make a difference and address climate impacts from goods movement.
- Provide free value-added resources for your members and stakeholders.
- Get recognized by EPA for your commitment to raising awareness and transforming the freight sector.
- Learn from other organizations about how to advance sustainable freight efficiency.
Learn more about becoming a SmartWay Affiliates:
- Become a SmartWay Affiliate…Spread the Word and Tell Others about SmartWay! (PDF) (2 pp, 190 K, December 2019, EPA-420-F-19-069, About PDF)
Steps to Become a SmartWay Affiliate
To become a SmartWay Affiliate:
- Download and complete the SmartWay Affiliate Agreement.
- Email the signed agreement to EPA at email@example.com.
What happens next:
You'll receive a welcome email with links to resources and best practices.
Someone from EPA will call you to help you get started.
Have more questions?
Call us at 734-214-4767 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.