This procedure can be used to create a SURFER® compatible grid file from Bioplume III input and output graphics. The input data and results from Bioplume III can be contoured and printed directly from SURFER. Furthermore, SURFER can be used to export graphic data in several formats including an AutoCad® compatible drawing exchange file (DXF) format. To summarize this procedure:
- Using a Bioplume III utility function, model input or output can be extracted and saved as a comma separated value (*.csv) file.
- The *.csv file is opened in Excel and pasted into the “Export.xls” worksheet provided in this package.
- To be consistent with SURFER format the row data order is reversed.
- The user fills out four designated cells of this spreadsheet to specify the minimum and maximum range for the x and y-axes that were used in the ground water simulation as required by SURFER.
- The worksheet is then saved as a tab delimited ASCII file with a *.grd extension.
- This *.grd file can then be read and contoured directly by SURFER.
A Bioplume III post processor program is currently being developed by USEPA’s Center for Subsurface Modeling Support (CSMoS). Therefore, this method should be considered a temporary procedure to be used as a stopgap until the true post processor is available.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.