The Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) Field Audit Manual details recommended procedures for conducting a field audit of a Part 75 monitoring system. Included are: tools you can use to prepare for an audit, techniques you can use to conduct the on-site inspection and review records, proper methods for observing performance tests, and guidelines for preparing a final report. EPA has designed the audit procedures in this document so that personnel with varying levels of experience can use them. Appendix A of the manual also provides checklists that can be used as a guideline to ensure that all necessary data are obtained during facility inspection.
Return to Emissions Monitoring and Reporting for more information.
- Part 75 CEMS Field Audit Mannual: Appendix A Example Audit Forms and Guide Sheets (DOC)(42 pp, 821 K, July 16, 2003)
- Part 75 Audit Spreadsheet (XLSM)(85MB, September 10, 2019)
- Part 75 CEMS Field Audit Manual (PDF)(107 pp, 2 MB, July 16, 2003)
- Part 75 CEMS Field Audit Manual: Appendix A - Example Audit Forms and Guide Sheets (PDF)(41 pp, 524 K, July 16, 2003)
- Abbreviated part 75 CEMS audit (PDF)(2 pp, 168 K, July 15, 2019)