History of Benchmark Dose Software (BMDS)
An informal history of Benchmark Dose Software (BMDS) releases -- from the tool's beginnings as a command-line program in 2000 to the present day -- are included on this site for historical and reference purposes.
- The BMDS Release History (1995-2017) items are drawn mainly from the previous BMDS web site, among other locations. It covers the development of BMDS from a command-line program in 2000 to the final release of BMDS 2.7 in 2017. The page is an excellent reference if you want to know when a specific model was introduced or when specific features were changed or enhanced.
- The BMDS 3.x Release History covers the application's development from 2018 to the present day.
- The BMDS Announcements span from 2007 to the present; the page archives announcements sent to the BMDS mailing list. The announcements provide a more detailed complement to the Release History items.
- BMDS's scientific history, and the discussions that contributed to its conceptual development, can be found in the BMDS peer reviews conducted from 2000-2011.
- EPA hosted a workshop in December 2015 on model-averaging methods for benchmark-dose analysis; the materials from this workshop -- including discussion questions and responses, and sample software -- are available for historic and reference purposes. BMDS 3.0 incorporates model averaging as a method for dose-response analysis.