Data Download: Step 2
The datasets below are the most recent downloadable EnviroAtlas data. For any data not listed below, please contact us.
- This section contains national-scale datasets. Most of these datasets are for the conterminous United States, but EnviroAtlas has begun to develop data for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Download this spreadsheet (92 kB) for a complete list of all data layers available in the national metric tables, including additional variables not found in the Interactive Map. This spreadsheet includes file names and field names that can help you find what you are looking for in the data below.
- For more details about each variable and how they were developed, see the XML metadata files that accompany the downloads below. To learn more about the data, you can access fact sheets for each map layer in the Individual datasets table.
National data by 12-digit HUC, County, Census Tract, or Census Block Group
Most national-scale datasets in EnviroAtlas are by 12-digit HUC (subwatershed); a few also use counties, census tracts, or census block groups. In this section, these datasets can be downloaded as a collection of tables in a single zip file.
- To visualize the tables as a map in a GIS, they can be joined to the Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD) – which can also be downloaded below – using the "HUC_12" field. Because the WBD is updated regularly, and because EnviroAtlas has clipped the 12-digit HUCs to the U.S. border, we recommend downloading the WBD from this page for joining with EnviroAtlas datasets. Using a different version of the WBD might result in errors. Tables ending in NHDPv2_WBD were originally calculated using an older version of the Watershed Boundary Dataset, and were distributed to the new boundaries using areal weighting.
- Tables with names ending in BGRP10, Tract10, or County10 can be joined to the Census 2010 block group, tract, or county features, which can be downloaded from the Census BureauExit.
- Downloading the zip files in this section will give you all of the national-scale EnviroAtlas tabular data. If you wish to download a single dataset, this can be done in the Individual datasets section.
|Metric tables in Esri file geodatabase format||Metric tables in CSV format||Metadata for metric tables||Watershed Boundary Dataset (EnviroAtlas version)|
|Conterminous United States||150 MB, October 2020, 64 tables||109 MB, October 2020, 64 tables||366 kB, October 2020, 64 metadata files|
|Alaska||546 kB, October 2020, 1 table||708 KB, October 2020, 1 table||4.4, October 2020, 1 metadata file||57 MB, October 2020|
|Hawaii||21 kB, October 2020, 2 tables||47.2 kB, October 2020, 2 tables||7.9 kB, October 2020, 2 metadata files||1.1 MB, October 2020|
|Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands||55.4 kB, October 2020, 2 tables||29.4 kB, October 2020, 2 tables||12.4 kB, October 2020, 2 metadata files||2.5 MB, October 2020|
Ecosystem Markets Data
- Ecosystem Markets Data in ESRI FileGeodatabase format (ZIP) (29 MB)
- Ecosystem Markets Data Shapefiles (ZIP) (54 MB)
- Metadata for Ecosystem Markets (FGDC XML) (37 KB)
Additional National Datasets (raster or polygon)
- CERA (Candidate Ecological Restoration Area) sites, polygon (ZIP) (185 MB)
- Dasymetric Allocation of Population, raster (ZIP) (2.3 GB)
- MSPA connectivity:
- Water as background and 30-meter edge width, raster (ZIP) (928 MB)
- Water as background and 90-meter edge width, raster (ZIP) (1 GB)
- Water as foreground and 30-meter edge width, raster (ZIP) (908 MB)
- Water as foreground and 90-meter edge width, raster (ZIP) (1 GB)
- Water as missing and 30-meter edge width, raster (ZIP) (934 MB)
- Water as missing and 90-meter edge width, raster (ZIP) (1 GB)
- Rare Ecosystems, raster (ZIP) (1.3 GB)
- Some of the data layers from our People and Built Spaces - National category were derived from data in the Smart Location Database and are available for download via the Environmental Dataset Gateway (EDG).
- The layers in the Cimate Scenarios under the Time Series Layers Tab are based on the NASA Earth Exchange Downscaled Climate Projections. These can be downloaded from NASA Climate Model Data Services.
- Most land cover used to develop EnviroAtlas data comes from the NLCD or NOAA's C-CAP rasters. For Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, we mosaicked together the most recent available C-CAP data and added a crosswalk to NLCD categories. The C-CAP data we use is for the following years:
C-CAP raster dates Location Date Puerto Rico 2010 U.S. Virgin Islands 2012 Hawaii (Big Island), Kauai, Maui, Molokai, and Niihau 2010 Lanai and Oahu 2011 Kahoolawe 2005
Some older versions of national datasets are available in the EnviroAtlas Data Archive.
Download this spreadsheet (89 kB) for a complete list of all data layers available in the Community Table Download, including additional variables not found in the Interactive Map. This spreadsheet includes file names and field names that can help you find what you are looking for in the data below. EnviroAtlas has data for 30 communities. Use the links in the table below to download EnviroAtlas community data. To learn more about the data, you can access fact sheets for each map layer in the Individual datasets table. The following files are available for each community:
- Metadata: A folder of XML documents describing the data and how they were produced
- Esri FileGDB: An Esri File Geodatabase containing block groups, data tables, and spatially explicit feature classes for all non-raster data for the selected community. This geodatabase contains all community datasets except for the GeoTIFFs listed below (23 files). The tables in the geodatabase can be joined to the feature class ending with "BG" (Census block groups) using the "bgrp" field.
- CSV: A folder containing multiple CSV data tables with associated block group shapefiles as well as other indicator shapefiles for all non-raster data for the selected community. This zip file contains all community datasets except for the GeoTIFFs listed below (23 files). The CSV files can be joined to the shapefile ending with "BG" (Census block groups) using the "bgrp" field.
- Landcover: A GeoTIFF of 1-meter resolution community landcover
- Connectivity: A GeoTIFF of 1-meter resolution tree cover configuration and connectivity (GUIDOS)
- Intersection Density (Int Dens): A GeoTIFF of 10-meter resolution kernel density of walkable roads
- Percent Green Space along Walkable Roads (PctStGS): A GeoTIFF of 10-meter resolution representing the percent green space for each city block
- Percent Tree Cover along Walkable Roads (PctStTC): A GeoTIFF of 10-meter resolution representing the percent tree cover for each city block
Note: Some data have additional variables not found in the Interactive Map.