This page includes a recording, presentation slides, and transcript from EPA’s August 1, 2018 webcast, "Cool Fixes for Hot Cities Part 1: San Antonio."
Part 1 of the Cool Fixes for Hot Cities webcast series covered San Antonio’s Under 1 Roof program, which aims to provide relief from extreme heat and high utility bills to the city's low-income residents. The growing program has installed over 150 cool roofs for low-income homeowners so far. Learn more about San Antonio’s program, the benefits of cool roofs, and monitoring efforts in this 90 minute webcast.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Webcast Slides: Cool Fixes for Hot Cities Part 1: San Antonio (PDF)(58 pp, 8 MB)
- Section 1: Introduction (PDF)(11 pp, 865 K)
- Section 2: Overview of Cool Roofs for Heat Island Reduction (PDF)(21 pp, 4 MB)
- Section 3: San Antonio's Under 1 Roof Program (PDF)(14 pp, 3 MB)
- Section 4: Performance Assessment of High-Solar Reflectance Roofs in San Antonio (PDF)(12 pp, 2 MB)
- Webcast Questions and Answers (PDF)(8 pp, 683 K)
- Webcast Transcript (PDF)(32 pp, 503 K)