This page includes a recording, presentation slides, and transcript from EPA’s February 22, 2018 webcast, "The Writing’s on the Wall: Recent Cool Wall Research and Measures."
Have you heard about cool walls? Lawrence Berkeley National Lab is working to understand how cool wall technologies can mitigate heat islands and provide a range of other benefits at the same time. This 90-minute webcast explored cool walls, including cool wall technologies, energy and other co-benefits, and Hawaii's experience adopting cool walls into their state code.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Webcast Slides: The Writing’s on the Wall: Cool Wall Research and Measures (PDF)(69 pp, 10 MB)
- Part 1: Introduction (PDF)(10 pp, 1 MB)
- Part 2: Building Energy and Greenhouse Gas Benefits (PDF)(14 pp, 3 MB)
- Part 3: Urban Climate and Other Co-benefits (PDF)(21 pp, 4 MB)
- Part 4: Existing Cool Wall Codes and Programs (PDF)(14 pp, 3 MB)
- Part 5: Hawaii’s Adoption of Cool Wall Codes and Measures (PDF)(15 pp, 2 MB)
- Webcast Questions and Answers (PDF)(6 pp, 125 K)
- Webcast Transcript (PDF)(29 pp, 469 K)