RSIG Video Demonstrations
There are two different user interfaces to RSIG. The first, RSIG3D, is a standalone application for Windows and Mac OS computers. It offers the same basic subsetting functionality as the old RSIG2D, while also providing a richly immersive and interactive visualization capability.
The second, RSIG2D, is a legacy Java application which can be downloaded and run as a standalone application (recommended), or as an applet inside a web browser.
This page links to downloadable video files you can play locally that illustrate the 3D and 2D interfaces. The RSIG3D videos serve as basic tutorials to the application.
RSIG3D Video Demonstrations
The Getting Started video illustrates the basics of using RSIG3D to view, retrieve, and save data. The video includes captions and audio narration.
- Video: Getting Started (MP4) (11:17, 42 MB)
- Video: Getting Started (WMV) (11:17, 72 MB)
The Case Study video walks you through using RSIG3D to examine and visualize the atmospheric outcomes of a wildfire event. It also illustrates some advanced uses of the application. The video includes captions and audio narration.
- Video: Using RSIG3D to Investigate a Wildfire (MP4) (9:08, 35 MB)
- Video: Using RSIG3D to Investigate a Wildfire (WMV) (9:08, 44.5 MB)
This advanced tutorial shows you how to use RSIG's infrastructure to obtain data without using the graphical interface.
- Video: Using WCS Scripts to Obtain Data (MP4) (7:30, 45 MB)
RSIG2D Video Demonstration
This 26-second screen capture shows RSIG retrieving various datasets describing the passage of Hurricane Katrina through the Gulf region. Five days of satellite, wind, and cloud data clearly show Katrina's path as it makes landfall.
- Video: RSIG2D Video Demonstration (MOV) (00:26, 7.6 MB, 300x240)
- Video: RSIG2D Video Demonstration (WMV) (00:26, 3.4 MB, 300x240)