EPA engaged with partners from government agencies, U.S. Arctic and Russian universities and non-governmental organizations, Russian and Arctic stakeholders, and indigenous communities on a four-step project to reduce diesel black carbon emissions in the Russian Arctic through 2016.
From April 15-19, 2013, EPA's partners hosted the Best Practices Training on Arctic Black Carbon: Reduction of Black Carbon from Diesel Sources in Murmansk, Russia. Over the course of this event, participants:
- Shared information about and discussed emissions inventory best practices around the world;
- Exchanged information about inventories in Russia;
- Shared information and discussed BC and PM measurement;
- Discussed the proposed emissions inventory methodology and potential pilot projects; and
- Demonstrated emissions measurement techniques.
Download the workshop agenda and meeting summary below.