EPA conducted a three-day workshop in Rabat, Morocco, in collaboration with the Moroccan Ministry of Energy, Mining, Water and Environment. Ninety-four participants from 23 different countries, mainly from Africa and the Middle East, represented government, NGO, media, academia, and international organizations.
This workshop included expert presentations, interactive discussions, small group break-out sessions on best practices and case studies, and group deliberations on various public participation strategies and tools.
Materials from the workshop may be downloaded here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Agenda for Strengthening Public Participation in Environmental Decision-Making: Building Connections for Africa and the Middle East - Rabat, Morocco - January 7-9, 2013 (PDF)(5 pp, 339 K)
- Guide for Sectors Working Together (PDF)(2 pp, 141 K)
- Reflection Points (PDF)(1 pg, 111 K)
- Map and Brain Guidance (PDF)(2 pp, 441 K)
- Map Blank Connections Card (PDF)(1 pg, 146 K)
- Brain Blank Light Bulb (PDF)(1 pg, 148 K)
- Creative Evaluation (PDF)(1 pg, 261 K)