Environmental Information for Maryland
Air in Maryland
- Approved Air State Implementation Plans for Maryland - State Implementation Plans (SIPs) for air quality approved by EPA for Maryland.
- Clean Air Act Permitting in Maryland
- Find Local Indoor Air Quality Champions in Maryland
- Mercury and Air Toxics Standards in Maryland
- MyAir for Maryland - MyAir shows many different kinds of air data for Maryland.
- Near-real-time radiation data from monitors located in Maryland.
- Status of SIP Requirements for Designated Areas in Maryland - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plans) requirements for designated areas in the state not meeting one of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
- Status of State SIP Infrastructure Requirements for Maryland - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plan) submittals and EPA actions on the submittals to meet the SIP infrastructure requirements for each pollutant.
- View Current and Forecast Air Quality Index- Real-time map of today's air quality forecast in Maryland on AirNow.gov.
Air in the Mid-Atlantic
- Clean Air Act Permitting in EPA's Mid-Atlantic Region
- Community Air Monitoring Where You Live
- Radon Measurements Map
- Status of Region 3 Title V Operating Permit Programs
- Title V Evaluations in Region 3 - Information about good practices implemented by the state/local agency, areas needing improvement within the state/local program, and ways in which EPA can improve its own oversight role of Title V.
- Title V Operating Permit Public Petition Deadlines - Shows Title V permits submitted to EPA and undergoing EPA’s 45-day review. It also shows dates for the public’s 60-day petition period following EPA’s review.
Water in Maryland
- Anacostia Watershed (Washington, DC/Maryland)
- Annual Drinking Water Quality Reports for Maryland - These reports from your water supplier tell you where your water comes from and what’s in it.
- Maryland Analyzes Coastal Wetlands Susceptibility to Climate Change
- Nonpoint Source Success Stories: Maryland
- Patapsco Watershed/Baltimore Region (Maryland)
- Stories of Progress in Achieving Healthy Waters in Maryland
- Surf Your Watershed - Maryland
- Water Quality Standards Regulations: Maryland
Water in the Mid-Atlantic
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL
- Climate Ready Estuaries Partner Projects in Region 3
- Find Information about Your Beach
- Fish Advisories Where You Live / Search - Search for fish advisories by entering a state or waterbody name.
- Healthy Watersheds Projects in Region 3
- Impaired Waters and TMDLs in Region 3
- Managing Ocean Dumping in EPA Region 3
- Natural Gas Extraction - Hydraulic Fracturing
- Oil and Gas Extraction in the Mid-Atlantic
- Region 3 Actions to Address Climate Change Impacts on Water
- Restoration of the Chesapeake Bay
- Underground Injection Control in EPA Region 3 (DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, and WV)
Cleanups in Maryland
- Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Sites in Maryland
- Federal Facilities on the National Priorities List (NPL) in Maryland
- Cleanups in My Community
- List of Superfund Sites in Maryland
- Map of all cleanups in Maryland
- Environmental Justice in Your Community
- Grants for your Region: Information that is specific to EPA Region 3
- MyProperty - MyProperty provides a report on a specific property using its street address from multiple EPA databases.
- Region 3: Children’s Environmental Health in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Surface Coal Mining in Appalachia
- TRI Explorer - The Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) is a resource for learning about toxic chemical releases and pollution prevention activities reported by industrial and federal facilities. You can explore data and search for releases by geographic location.