Construction General Permit Resources, Tools, and Templates
- Submitting an
NOI, NOT, or
Low Erosivity Waiver
- Professional Resources
- Discharge Mapping Tool
- SWPPP Templates
- Inspection and Corrective Action Report Templates
- Construction Phase II Fact Sheet Series – Provides information about the construction rainfall erosivity waiver and the construction site runoff control minimum measure.
- Managing Your Environmental Responsibilities: A Planning Guide for Construction and Development – Provides guidance for complying with a variety of environmental regulations at every stage of your construction project.
- Construction Industry Compliance Assistance (CICA) Center Exit– Explains in plain language environmental rules for the construction industry and provides links to stormwater permits and technical manuals for all 50 states.
- International Erosion Control Association Exit– Offers information on certifications for stormwater and erosion and sediment control professionals.
- Third-party Certifications - Provides information about certification programs to become a recognized specialist in soil erosion and sediment control.
- Puerto Rico Erosion and Sediment Control Handbook for Developing Areas – Provides a technical reference for developers, planners, engineers, government officials, and others involved in land use planning, building site development, and natural resource conservation in rural and urban communities and developing areas.
- Puerto Rico Construction BMP Fact Sheets / Hoja Informativa sobre Mejores Prácticas de Gestión (MPG) de Construcción en Puerto Rico – Provides information in Spanish on construction BMPs focused on protecting threatened and endangered species and critical habitat in Puerto Rico / Provee información en español sobre mejores prácticas de gestión de construcción con enfoque en la protección de especies amenazadas y en peligro de extinción y hábitats críticos en Puerto Rico.
EPA's Discharge Mapping Tool
- Discharge Mapping Tool
Note: EPA is developing a new version of the discharge mapping tool for the 2017 CGP.
How to develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
These resources help operators develop effective SWPPPs that are required under construction stormwater permits. Note that construction site SWPPPs must follow the requirements of the applicable state or EPA CGP and must describe the specific conditions of the site and plans for development.
- Developing Your Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan: A Guide for Construction Sites – Provides helpful guidance and tips for developing an effective plan.
- Example SWPPPs (to be used for educational or training purposes only) –
- Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Template (WORD)(61 pp, 309 K) - Helps construction site operators develop a SWPPP that is compliant with the minimum requirements of EPA’s 2017 Construction General Permit (CGP).
- Plantilla del Plan de Prevención de la Contaminación de Aguas Pluviales en la Construcción (PPCAP) (WORD)(64 pp, 391 K) - Ayuda a los operadores de proyectos de construcción a desarrollar un PPCAP que cumpla con los requisitos mínimos del Permiso General de Construcción 2017 de la EPA.
- Small Residential Lot SWPPP Template (WORD)(53 pp, 6 MB)
- Helps small residential lot builders develop a streamlined SWPPP that is compliant with the minimum requirements of EPA's 2012 CGP.
Note: The Small Residential Lot SWPPP template is currently being updated for the 2017 CGP. EPA will post the updated version when it is finalized. Operators may still use the 2012 template, but must comply with the requirements in the 2017 CGP and thus should read the permit carefully to make sure all required information is documented in the SWPPP.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention for Small Residential Construction Sites - An educational brochure that provides basic erosion and sediment control and stormwater pollution prevention guidance common to all small residential lot projects.
Inspection and Corrective Action Report Templates
These inspection report templates are designed to assist you in preparing inspection reports that meet the requirements in Part 4.7 of the 2017 CGP.
- Field Version of the Inspection Report Template (Word Version)(12 pp, 74 K) - Formatted to be used in the field and filled out by hand
- Electronic Version of the Inspection Report Template (Word Version)(12 pp, 84 K) - Formatted to be filled out electronically and includes text fields that direct you to populate the form with your site-specific information.
These corrective action report forms are designed to assist you in preparing corrective action reports that meet the requirements in Part 5.4 of the 2017 CGP.
- Field Version of the Corrective Action Report Form (Word Version)(6 pp, 48 K) - Formatted to be used in the field and filled out by hand.
- Electronic Version of the Corrective Action Report Form (Word Version)(7 pp, 55 K) - Formatted to be filled out electronically and includes text fields that direct you to populate the form with your site-specific information.