AP 42 Section 13.2.1 Paved Roads - Related Information
The following three reports were provided by Clark County, NV submitted in response to the proposed revision of the AP-42 section for paved roads - 2009.
- Technical Support Document for Mobile Monitoring Technologies January 9, 2009. (PDF) (38 pp, 372 K) - This file consists of the results of assessments of two mobile monitoring technologies involving on-board sampling of the dust plume generated by a test vehicle.
- Clark County (Nevada) Paved Road Dust Emission Studies in Support of Mobile Monitoring Technologies December 22, 2008. (PDF) (122 pp, 2 MB) - This file provides documentation of a non EPA peer review process conducted to determine whether the reviewers believed the mobile monitoring method (as represented in the current technologies) is a suitable alternative to the traditional AP-42 method for developing road dust emission factors.
- Mobile Monitoring Method Specifications February 6, 2009. (PDF) (19 pp, 236 K) - This file is a non EPA specification for the performance of mobile monitoring intended as an alternative to the traditional AP-42 method of obtaining PM emission factors for traffic-entrained dust from paved and unpaved roadways.
Final Report and spreadsheets for Western Governors' Association Western Regional Air Partnership (WRAP)
- Analysis of the Fine Fraction of Particulate Matter in Fugitive Dust. (PDF) (54 pp, 1 MB) - Final Report for Western Governors' Association Western Regional Air Partnership (WRAP). October 12, 2005. Posted as supporting documentation for the AP42 sections 13.2.1 Paved Roads, 13.2.2 Unpaved Roads, 13.2.4 Aggregate Handling and Storage Piles, and 13.2.5 Industrial Wind Erosion. March 22, 2006.
- MS Excel spreadsheets that show all of the data for the wind tunnel tests that support the proposed PM2.5/PM-10 ratios.
Paved Roads, Unpaved Roads, Aggregate Handling and Storage, and Industrial Wind Erosion - November 2006
- Policy Guidance on the Use of the November 1, 2006, Update to AP-42 for Re-entrained Road Dust for SIP Development and Transportation Conformity (PDF) (7 pp, 262 K) - This memo provides additional details about the changes made to the AP-42 methods for road dust and how and when to use them in PM2.5 SIPs and transportation plan and transportation improvement program (TIP) conformity determinations. It also reaffirms that PM10 road dust estimates are unchanged from the previous version. This guidance supersedes the AP-42 portions of EPA's February 24, 2004, guidance, which addressed both MOBILE6.2 and AP-42. August 2, 2007.
- Estimate of Paved Road Emissions Reduction due to rain events (spreadsheet) -Paved Road Emissions Spreadsheet - November 2003 (ZIP)(21 K)