EPA conducted a three-day workshop in Rabat, Morocco, in collaboration with the Moroccan Ministry of Energy, Mining, Water and Environment. Ninety-four participants from 23 different countries, mainly from Africa and the Middle East, represented government, NGO, media, academia, and international organizations.
This workshop included expert presentations, interactive discussions, small group break-out sessions on best practices and case studies, and group deliberations on various public participation strategies and tools. Presentations from the workshop are available for download below.
Case studies from the workshop may be downloaded below.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Addressing Environmental Challenges through Participation: A Global Overview (PDF)(16 pp, 270 K)
- Morocco Case Study (French) (PDF)(11 pp, 1 MB)
- South Africa Case Study (PDF)(3 pp, 266 K)
- Oman Case Study (PDF)(5 pp, 154 K)
- Ghana Case Study (PDF)(13 pp, 2 MB)
- Kenya-NEMA Case Study (PDF)(15 pp, 378 K)
- Jordan Case Study (PDF)(27 pp, 2 MB)
- The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe (REC) Case Study (PDF)(16 pp, 899 K)
- Uganda Case Study (PDF)(10 pp, 2 MB)
- Zanzibar Case Study (PDF)(14 pp, 1 MB)
- Kenya-Kayole Soweto Case Study (PDF)(16 pp, 3 MB)
- Burkina Faso Case Study (PDF)(26 pp, 846 K)