EPA delivered a two-day workshop in Chile, on public participation. The course intended to enable students to increase the level of public impact through the levels of public participation, found on EPA’s Public Participation Guide. The course combined lecture and exercises.
The workshop materials are below:You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Public Participation in Chile: Challenges and Opportunities (PDF)(7 pp, 729 K)
- Introduction: Public Participation (PDF)(18 pp, 1 MB)
- Questions for World Cafe (PDF)(5 pp, 58 K)
- Step 1: Organizing for Participation (PDF)(6 pp, 664 K)
- Step 2: Identify and Get to Know Your Stakeholders (PDF)(11 pp, 1 MB)
- Step 3: Select an Appropriate Level of Public Participation (PDF)(12 pp, 932 K)
- Estudio de Impacto Ambiental Proyecto Embasle Puntilla Del Viento (Spanish) (PDF)(3 pp, 169 K)
- Step 4: Case Study Instructions, from Chile Public Participation Workshop January 2013 (Spanish) (PDF)(2 pp, 151 K)
- Case Study: Questions and Answers (Spanish) (PDF)(4 pp, 69 K)
- Step 5: Match Public Participation Tools to Program Objectives (PDF)(10 pp, 990 K)
- Ejercicio de Resolución de Conflictos (Spanish) (PDF)(5 pp, 225 K)
- Agenda for two-day workshop in Chile, on public participation (January 2013) (Spanish) (PDF)(1 pg, 189 K)