EPA delivered a two-day workshop in Jakarta, Indonesia, which was co-sponsored by the Indonesian Ministry of Environment, USAID, and the Asian Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Network.
The first day of the workshop focused on the EPA Public Participation Guide. The second day of the workshop focused on public participation in the context of environmental impact assessments.
Participants included local and national government officials, NGOs, and representatives from academia, as well as international public participation and EIA experts from Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia.
The workshop materials are below:You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Workshop Introduction (PDF)(6 pp, 747 K)
- Introduction to Public Participation (PDF)(18 pp, 1 MB)
- World Café Questions (PDF)(5 pp, 56 K)
- Organizing for Participation (PDF)(6 pp, 666 K)
- Identifying Stakeholders (PDF)(11 pp, 1 MB)
- Selecting the Level of Participation (PDF)(12 pp, 933 K)
- Tha Chin River Basin Case Study (PDF)(1 pg, 230 K)
- Public Participation Tools (PDF)(10 pp, 990 K)
- Indonesia Challenges and Opportunities Dialogue (PDF)(7 pp, 728 K)
- Closing Remarks (PDF)(9 pp, 346 K)
- Key Messages and Learning Points (PDF)(7 pp, 463 K)
- Application of Public Participation Principles in EIA (PDF)(15 pp, 571 K)
- Public Participation: EIA in the US (PDF)(16 pp, 2 MB)