In July 2012, EPA delivered a two-day workshop in San Salvador, El Salvador, in collaboration with USAID, Central America Commission for Development and Environment (CCAD), Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (MARN), El Salvador, and Battelle Institute (grantee).
The workshop was on Air Quality Communication, and targeted technical and communication staff from the Ministry of Environment, Health and Transportation as well as Municipalities and the media (newspaper and TV). The goal of the workshop was to share experiences, best practices and tools on how to provide technical data to the general public in a systematic and easy way to understand.
The workshop presentations and materials are below:You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Workshop Overview (PDF)(8 pp, 454 K)
- Overview of Particle Air Pollution (PDF)(14 pp, 780 K)
- Air Quality Index (AQI) (PDF)(26 pp, 1 MB)
- Air Quality Outreach Materials (PDF)(17 pp, 1 MB)
- Basic Principles of Public Participation (PDF)(40 pp, 1 MB)
- Agenda: Air Quality Communications and Public Participation Workshop (PDF)(2 pp, 155 K)
- Activity 1: Public Participation Guide (PDF)(2 pp, 29 K)
- Activity 2: Press Conference (PDF)(1 pg, 45 K)
- Activity 3: Briefings (PDF)(1 pg, 48 K)