This page includes a recording, presentation slides, and transcript from EPA’s September 12, 2018 webcast, "Cool Fixes for Hot Cities Part 2: Los Angeles."
Part 2 of the Cool Fixes for Hot Cities webcast series covered Los Angeles' cool streets pilot project and other heat island reduction measures. The innovative pilot is in progress on 15 blocks throughout the city and is already generating benefits and lessons learned. Learn more about the pilot, the benefits of cool pavements, and Los Angeles' plans to reduce temperatures citywide in this 90 minute webcast.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Webcast Slides: Cool Fixes for Hot Cities Part 2: San Antonio (PDF)(73 pp, 13 MB)
- Section 1: Introduction (PDF)(15 pp, 957 K)
- Section 2: Overview of Cool Pavements for Heat Island Reduction (PDF)(27 pp, 4 MB)
- Section 3: Los Angeles’ Cool Pavements Pilot Project (PDF)(15 pp, 6 MB)
- Section 4: Los Angeles’ Cool Roof Ordinance (PDF)(18 pp, 5 MB)
- Webcast Questions and Answers (PDF)(6 pp, 473 K)
- Webcast Transcript (PDF)(34 pp, 697 K)